When I find a great web page and want to share it with others, I prefer to send it via my own e-mail , rather than use one of the several recommend-a-site services available. These "free" services are also filled with banner ads, and some have annoying pop-up screens. Therefore, I find it more convenient to send the web page on my own.
1. USING YOUR WEB BROWSER (Netscape)
- Click on FILE in your web browser (at the top ).
- Then click on SEND or SEND PAGE.
- The e-mail screen should pop up.
- Enter the e-mail address of the person you wish to send the page to.
- The URL (web page address) should already be in the body of the e-mail message . You can add some comments, if you wish.
- Now your message is ready to SEND
2. USE YOUR OWN E-MAIL PROGRAM
- Prepare an E-mail to your friend then COPY (by pressing "Control + C" on the keyboard) the address of the page you would like to send (http://...).
- PASTE (by pressing "Control + V" on the keyboard) the address into the body of your e-mail and add any other comments you wish.
- Now you are ready to send your e-mail.
- Note: you can also right-click on your mouse to access copy/paste.
3. AOL USERS (Adding a Hyperlink to your E-Mail:)
- Place the web page you want to send in your Favorite Places.
- Click the FAVORITE PLACES icon on the Toolbar to see the list of your Favorites.
- Choose the web page that you would like to add to your Email message.
- Click and drag the little heart icon in your FAVORITE PLACES folder into the body (message area) of your COMPOSE MAIL window. A blue hyperlink will appear.
- Tip: You can make a Hyperlink say what you want . In your mail, highlight the entire hyperlink with your mouse. Next, type a word or phrase that you wish and your hyperlink is now personalized!
- Continue - Address your mail, add a Subject, click SEND .
4. FOR WEBTV USERS:
Press the SEND button. Type in the address of where you want the page sent ( or click on your address book ). Press SEND
5. ICQ - HOW TO SEND
- Go to the web page you want to send.
- OPEN your ICQ contact list.
- HIGHLIGHT the person(s) you wish to send the URL (web page address )to by left-clicking your mouse on their name. name.
- Now right-click your mouse and select WEB PAGE ADDRESS : URL from the menu.
- A new Box will pop open. The URL and the NAME of the site will appear. (If the address doesn't fill in automatically, just type the address in the line that says "URL.")
- You can add a personal comment .
- Click on SEND
MUSICTOONS & MUSICAL MESSAGES